Leave a comment;)

Tuesday, November 8

In This Storm...

In my Bibles little dictionary describes Hope as "Confident Expectation".
I've been thinking about Hope alot lately. Especially on the dark days, when i can't see anything secure for me to hold onto. When theres not a flash of Light, just endless, cold, damp Darkness. It washes over me, chilling me to the bone. I start to ache. I start to doubt. I wonder why it has to be like this. Why can't the sun just peek out from behind the layer of clouds, just for a small moment? But, I know that the sun IS there. Behind the clouds, Its there. I know this. I have unwavering confidence that the sun is exactly where it always has been.
Even in the darkest of the dark tunnels i have to walk through, I see that little strip of light at the end, that tiny little promise of something brighter ahead. A light in the window, A Hope. A LIVING Hope.
That day, long ago, when i Accepted God's Love and let Him rescue me, He gave me this Hope. He handed it to me, softly and gently. He smiled with His eyes. I saw True Love, tangible, for the first time.
"This is for you", He said. "To warm up your stiff frozen hands when you are chilled to the bone. When it seems like there's nothing else, remember this Hope. It will keep you alive. Nobody can ever take this from you. Break off little pieces, and give them to somebody who needs it, whenever you can. Live in a way so that people can see this Hope, and yearn for what I have given You."
So now, even when it seems like theres nothing left for me to live for, I have Hope. And I have God. He never moves, He's where he's always been. He never changes, We do.

This song is so special to me. In that moment that I am weakest, I need Him the most. And every time I've fallen, He has always been there, a whisper in the wind, telling me that He is with me and I don't have to be afraid. 
Never Lose Hope, my Friends.<3





I was sure by now, God,
You would have reached down
           And wiped our tears away,
    Stepped in and saved the day...
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining.

I remember when
              I stumbled in the wind...
                       You heard my cry to you
           And you raised me up again.
My strength is almost gone...
 
How can I carry on,                
              If I can't find You?
But As the thunder rolls
       I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
                     
"I'm with you!"     And as Your mercy falls..
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
                                  And takes away!

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
                       And I will lift my hands...
   For You are who You are
           No matter where I am!
               And every tear I've cried,
You hold in Your hand!
      You never left my side..
And though my heart is torn,
       I will praise You in this storm!






4 comments:

  1. What a big piece you've broken off and given away! Thank you so much. I smashed into a reality check recently - being a Christian isn't about a perfect life, but about this hope that weathers every storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate this comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is also one of my favorite songs.love love casting crowns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandolin, you have great taste, you do indeed;)

    ReplyDelete

When you comment a little ray of sunbeam comes and brightens my day;)