Leave a comment;)

Monday, May 25

Paris Ponderings

Here is a random little school-day-esque composition writing I whipped up... :)

I'm sitting in a Parisian café.
The dainty little peal of a bell perched on the nose of a cute little bicycle startles me from my reverie...
A faint fragrant stream of heaven tickles my nose and reminds me of the chocolate glazed croissant making its way towards me on the platter of a little French girl with black shiny curls. She nearly trips on my grey messenger bag that was peeking out from where I had abruptly plopped it partially underneath the little round table. I quickly apologized and she grinned and popped the plate on the table in front of me. Warm wafts wiggled their way inside my nose and I closed my eyes and take a slow bite of the pure sweet chocolaty goodness. Silky layers of simpering curls steam up from my hot tea... what a way to end the day.
The slowly fading light outside reminds me of home. Home where we were outside drawing hearts with sidewalk chalk as the sun went down and the light fled from the country sky. Home where there was always a warm bed to crawl into and when I was safely tucked in I got a goodnight kiss and a soft "I Love You" before the door closed.
Lost in thought I sipped my tea slowly as it cooled down. Out the window, the dusky sky was lit with elegant lampposts lining the cobblestone street. The afternoon rush settled to a quiet lilac-scented evening with sunset stripes not quite faded from the sky... I picked up my bag and with a long contented sigh stood up and opened the door of the café. the bell dinged a cheerful "goodnight!" and I smiled to myself and made my way through the enchanted streets to the stairs up to my apartment balcony.







So.... this is what I wish I was doing. :) I hope you enjoyed this random little blurb that I quickly typed out for you!!! I didn't even read it after I wrote it so who knows if it made any sense...  See you soon!!:) <3


2 comments:

  1. Dear Kate,

    It's been ABSOLUTELY FOREVER, hasn't it?! Oh my goodness yes... I think I first found your blog when I was like... twelve or something. (When I made those crayon doodles in my writing notebook. xD) Anyway, thank you for stopping by my blog and reminding me of YOUR awesome blog! I'm totally going to be following more diligently from now on, promise. (: Also, this piece of writing is SO LOVELY. Seriously, it took me to a whole different realm. "Home where we were outside drawing hearts with sidewalk chalk as the sun went down and the light fled from the country sky." < THAT SENTENCE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. And yum, chocolate croissants. You're making me hungry, Kate. (; Keep on writing, girl!

    love,
    abbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my GOODNESS i love this comment!! :D it was a long long while ago that i started up my lil blog!! :D I havn't been keeping up with my blogs that i follow for the last year and i suddenly started reading them again and remembered why i loved it!! hehe i LOVE that you enjoy bits of my writings.. it makes my heart curl up at the edges in joyousness. THANK YOU!!!

      Delete

When you comment a little ray of sunbeam comes and brightens my day;)